At the early building design stage energy modelling can assist with the process of evaluating all the options which can contribute to a high-performance building.
It is now recognised that integrating energy modelling into the building professional’s workflow will result in buildings that can meet high performance expectations.
Early concepts that introduce passive design options and methods to reduce energy requirements can form part of an exercise to determine energy targets achieved by an iterative design process where the model can be modified and tested to maximise performance.
The first Sketchup model can be transformed to gModeller and ready for either deep dynamic simulation gEnergy or energy code compliance assessment programmes.
gModeller enables the export and import of gbxml models.
The new version of gModeller V2.2.2 is now available on line with improved performance!
Early results allow for design refinements where decisions are based on sound technical analysis and good risk informed decision making
Bringing DEEP DYNAMIC SIMULATION to the early stage design process allows the building professional to evaluate numerous design options with the web enabled gEnergy giving the full power of EnergyPlus – the global standard.
Take the early opportunities to improve value!
Uncategorized — Comments Off on gModeller V2.1 Released 10 May 18
At this years Consultancy and Engineering Awards, Rapiere won the prestigious Collaboration Champion of the Year award, fighting off competition from the likes of Network Rail, Crossrail, Arcadis, Jacobs and Apple Inc.
– Richard Newman, CEO, Rapiere Software Ltd
Rapiere Software Ltd is a company consisting of four founder partners; GreenspaceLive, Architype, ChapmanBDSP and Sweett Group. Together we have developed a web-based building simulation platform, that will save construction practitioners time and asset owners money by running multiple building simulation scenarios of cost, carbon and energy to optimise the sustainability of the design.
“Rapiere is a great example of organisations working together across an industry to develop a product that will deliver a real benefit to the creators of our built environment”
– Richard Hill, Director of Cost Consultancy, Sweett Group
For more information about Rapiere Software Ltd, please click here.
On Tuesday the 15th of September 2015, RAPIERe was officially unveiled to the public at an event at the Battersea Power Station near London.
Rapiere Software Ltd, is a company consisting of four founder partners; GreenspaceLive, Architype, ChapmanBDSP and Sweett Group. We have developed a web-based building simulation platform, that will save construction practitioners time and asset owners money by running multiple building simulation scenarios of cost, carbon and energy to optimise the sustainability of the design.
RAPIERe software (beta edition) overview with Gareth Selby of Architype:
In April 2012, GreenspaceLive were confirmed as the UK’s official consortium in The Affirmative Integrated Energy Design Action (AIDA) project. AIDA is a project funded by Intelligent Energy Europe with a view to supporting building professionals and local authorities in the design and implementation of nZEB’s (nearly Zero Energy Buildings). Through a series of study tours, sustainable policies and web-based BIM (Building Information Modelling) software; the AIDA project aims to achieve several targets. To increase the number of nZEB buildings throughout Europe, the number of building professionals trained on integrated energy design, and the number of municipalities beginning to build and refurbish buildings to nZEB levels.
On Friday the 29th of August we will present our fourth study tour, a local building; the newly completed Temporary Accommodation Centre located in Stornoway. It has been built to high energy efficiency standards, incorporating air source heat pumps and solar PVs.
The tour will consist of a design presentation and tour of the building, followed by a Q&A and a demonstration of our Energy Design Tools.
If you wish to attend the tour please, register using the following link:
GreenspaceLive are proud to reveal our latest version of gModeller: gModeller 1.9.5!
We’ve made a number of improvements, fixes and new additions to gModeller based on user feedback to make the process of creating gbXML and IDF models from SketchUp with ease.
gModeller 1.9.5 Change Log:
– Sync Geometry has been improved. This means if you make changes to your model after you have textured it, such as moving windows or doors, you can use Sync Geometry to update the gModeller gbXML file without retexturing.
– A button for Sync Geometry has been added to the gModeller toolbar.
– Space Selection has been improved to detect fully enclosed spaces, including more abnormal shapes and designs.
– Join Close Points has been added. This closes small gaps (under 1cm) within your model that may have occured during the modelling process. This is available in the Plugin Menu within SketchUp.
– Repair Model feature has been added. Repair Model will take your current model, save it and re-create it, eliminating any additional surfaces and points in your model. This is available in the Plugin Menu within SketchUp.
– ‘Paint Detected Spaces‘ runs the space detection and draws the floor of every detected space yellow, making any problem spaces visible in green.This is available in the Plugin Menu within SketchUp.